Will Adderall show up in a urine test report?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Is there anyway adderall will show up in a piss test as meth amphetamine

the area I live in is known for meth. I do not do meth but I have a rx for adderall. Odacks in Park Hills MO keeps telling me I failed my drug test when I gave them my print out from my Dr. But when I walk in the 1st thing they say is well are you gonna pass your piss test today. DFS took my kids because of this please help XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of false positive

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

Adderall and amphetamone are different substances and in standard drug screening urine test, there should not be false positive result if you didn't take amphetamine. There are very rare reports about such false positive results and there is much higher possibility that you took amphetamine incidentally. The best way would be to repeat the test, but you should highlight before that you tale adderal. If there is still positive result, then you should insist on blood testing which will reveal real results.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj