Why there is no difference in waist size after losing 20 pounds?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: why is my waist still over 40 inches after losing 20 pounds
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
total weight loss is combined from all areas

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Some of the initial weight loss is loss of fluids which would not have a significant impact on waist circumference.

Exercise and diet changes would result in weight loss not just in the abdomen but also in the hips, thighs, legs and upper limbs.
This means that the overall weight loss would be the combination of loss from these areas.

Since the 20 pounds is a combination of total weight loss from different aspects of the body.

If you do keep on exercising and altering your diet then your weight circumference should improve.
You may want to continue to focus on abdominal toning exercises to help to decrease the circumference.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James