Why is swelling bad for an injury?
I've tried OTC tylenol, Ibuprofen and asprin over the course of last two days. swelling and paid is not subsiding.
Can be a bone or ligament injury.
Thanks for posting your query.
You must have hurt your internal structures in knee, which are anterior/posterior cruciate ligament, medial/lateral collateral ligament, medial and lateral menisci, joint capsule, synovium, crossing muscles, bone cartilage and bone itself. It needs proper clinical examination and relevant investigations to diagnose which among these is hurt.
You might benefit by consulting your orthopedician who can examine you , and order a Knee X-ray and MRI to know the exact cause and provide the proper treatment for it.
A pair of knee supports can add to stability. But that again depends on your exact condition. If you don't get relief, proceed with MRI.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eyelid swelling injury
- Swelling of knee after injury
- Impact injury to shin swelling no
- Swelling after head injury
- Ankle injury painful swelling why healing process
- Knee bursa injury swelling
- Ankle injury swelling treatment
- Why is it bad to drink alcohol with head injury
- Injury to shin bone swelling
- Swelling of foot after injury
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?