Why is oxygen treatment given for simple headache and an epileptic seizure?
Explanation is given below..
Hi and thanks for trusting to HCM.
I hope you feel better and I will try to explain you why doctor have provided you three liter oxygen.
First -This is called Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) and is very effective to treat seizures.
Second -New study have confirmed that during seizures happen apnea or pause of breathing, causing low oxygen on total body.
Low oxygen can cause damages and sudden death.
All the best
Need more details .
Headache can be due to epileptic seizures,hence treating epileptic seizures can treat headache.
I will need more details about you so that I can to help you better.
Do you have long term treatment for epilepsy?
How long has it been since you are diagnosed with epilepsy?
Is this the first time you have headache with epilepsy seizures?
Have you done head CT or MRI ?
Waiting for your reply.
Contact with a neurologist
While you refer all these health issue and you have had headache with seizure epilepsy better contact with your follow-up neurologist because you may need to do a head CT or MRI.
Did you have headache again? If yes a thorough examination including CT / MRI can help your case.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes epileptic seizures
- Epileptic seizures snake bites
- Epileptic seizures treatment
- Epilepsy seizures anorexia history of epileptic seizures alternative treatment centers
- Spicy foods and epileptic seizures
- Treatment and cure for non epileptic seizures
- Hypothermia and epileptic seizures
- Treatment and cure for Epileptic seizure
- Treatment and cure for Psychogenic non-epileptic seizures
- Psychogenic non epileptic seizures