Why is ovulac prescribed? Is there any side effects?

Dr. Minoo Bhagia

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Question: Post a hystero laparoscopy procedure, doc has prescribed "Ovulac" tablets (Desogestrel and ethnyl estradiol tablets usp. ) to be taken from day 10 through day 21. Doctor had to travel immediately after the procedure and we did not get a chance to discuss the medication. We would like to know the purpose of taking this medication and if there'll be any side effects.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 21 minutes later
Hello

Welcome and thanks for the query

The ovuloc tablet is a birth control pill and can be given to regulate the periods.As you had an ectopic pregnancy so it is given for spacing so as to prevent the recurrence.You can continue it for 2-3 cycles then you can discuss with your doctor regarding the discontinuation of the medicine.

Best wishes and good luck