Why is my nipple becoming sensitive?

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I am a 23 yr male and for the past for days my nipple on the right side seems to be getting more and more senceitive not to mention the whole right side of my chest, side and back are getting the same way. My right side of my back seems to be getting slight pinching feelings along with my right side chest and I don't know what it could be because it seems like everyday its getting worse at thi rate it hurts to have a sirt on because it hurts my nipple. Can someone please tell me what it might be
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 45 minutes later

I understand your concern.

It seems to me like a simple problem which can be resolved.

You need not worry.

Sometimes the nipples do get more sensitive, that is a normal thing to happen.

In your case it is also associated with the same symptoms on your right side of the chest and back.

It seems to me to be more likely a muscular sprain in the chest muscles.

You can apply cold compresses on the right side of your chest as well as on the right nipple. Take analgesics for two days.

Do not take very hot water bath.

I strongly feel you should be fine in 2 days time.

I also advise you to visit nearest physician in case if the same persists.

Other causes can be an external trauma gone unnoticed, Costochondritis of the ribs but these do not seem to be the reasons in your case.

You can well be reassured that you will be fine soon.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Manju M
Dr. Shanthi.E