Why is my daughter's temperature not subsiding after treatment for Mycoplasma pneumonia ?
Thanks for writing to us.
The mildly raised temperature your daughter is having is normally seen after an illness due to the weakness. A temperature of upto 37.5 is considered within normal limits. Sometimes an oral temperature of 38.2 is also considered normal.
Since the rise in temperature is not associated with chills or any other symptoms.
Body temperature varies with age, sex, time of day, ambient temperature, activity level,etc. A raised temperature is not always a fever. Sometimes the set point of the body is set at a higher level causing the raised temperature of body.
After any major infective illness the production of cytokines in our body increases thus causing mildly raised body temperature which passes off in 2-3 weeks.
If there is temperature higher than 38.5 with chills or ill looking feeling then you need to get her investigated under the guidance of her pediatrician.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae and coconut water
- Why do i feel unwell after treatment for paracardiac pneumonia
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae eye
- Stool analysis mycoplasma pneumonia
- Auyervedic drugs on mycoplasma pneumoniae
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae and wbc
- Ayurvedic drugs on mycoplasma pneumonia
- Suggest treatment for pneumonia after a brain stroke
- Treatment and cure for mycoplasma pneumoniae
- Sinusitis caused by mycoplasma pneumoniae