Why is left spermatic cord thicker than the other one?

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in Men's Health
Question: why left spermatic cord is thicker than the other one?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to Inflammation of cord (Funiculitis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed your Left spermatic cord thicker than Right one

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have pain in scrotum on left side?
2) Do you have any urinary symptoms ?

Thick spermatic cord could be due to either Inflammation of spermatic cord itself (Funicullitis or due to Varicocele ,However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified Urologist.

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and get following basic
tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Ultrasound Scanning of Scrotum.

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
no sir, i don't have any pain in my scrotum on left side. sir can you please tell me what is the effect of Inflammation of cord.? you said that this is due to (Funicullitis or due to Varicocele). if either of the above problems is conformed, will this be cured with general tablets and treatment.? or will it be cured with any special operation?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Read detailanswer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.

If it turns out to be Funicullitis it can be cured with medicine like antibiotics and anti inflammatory medicines ..

If it turns out to be Varicocele treatment depends upon grade of Varicocele .If mild one no treatment is required however if grade 3-4 it has to be treated with surgery of ligation of Varicose Veins .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 15 minutes later
thank u sir. these medicines like antibiotics and anti inflammatory medicines, or surgery of ligation of Varicose Veins will have any effect on production of sperm in future.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
No effect on sperm production.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Neither medicines nor Varicocele will have adverse effect on sperm production.

In fact if it is Varicocele ,surgery will help to increase sperm count .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist