Why is a PET scan done?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 10 May 2017 in Cancer
Question: I've just been told I have cancer that started as breast cancer and is showing up in a bone marrow biopsy. PET scan is this Saturday . what will it show? Im terrified. now what? Im 74
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. I need more details.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. before giving you a reply , I would like to know why a marrow biopsy was done. A PETCT has been ordered as it will show , where all the tumor has spread and hence will help in planning the treatment. No Need to afraid as ecen if the tumor has spread, the treatment is possible. You will enjoy a good quantity and quality of life.
Thanks and regards
feel free to ask further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana