Why is a 89 year old woman experiencing drenching night sweats, painful lumps in the groin area and worsening fever?
I suggest to do a protocol of FUO.
I have read carefully the history and I think that this is not simple situation.
In my experience this situation is considered a FUO (fever with unknown origin). So, based on this I think that she should do a long protocol of tests like full blood count with formula, blood culture, ERS, Protein C reactive, ferritin, fibrinogen, abdominal and cardiac ultrasound, pulmonary X-ray, ALP, LDH, Mantoux, interferon gamma.
Awaiting for the recent lab tests and I need to know if she had passed any diseases before even long time ago.
I hope my answer helps you.
Dr. Monika Dede, Infectious Diseases Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Night sweats and hay fever
- Night sweats 22 years old
- Night sweats in 19 year old
- Hiv night sweats no fever
- 61 years old night sweats
- Why 20 year old has night sweats
- 56 year old woman night sweats
- Stomach cramp pains fever night sweats symptoms
- Night sweats after fever
- Night sweats fever and muscle pains