question-icon

Why is Tidilan retard and Alivher prescribed during pregnancy?

Posted on Fri, 13 Mar 2015
Question: I have pregnancy of 7 and half months and the doctor has given me two medicines namely ALIVHER tablets of 25 mg and TIDILAN RETARD tablets.
Please explain the use of these tablets.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
They are use as muscle relaxant and vasodilator.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us about it.

Congratulation on your pregnancy!

I Can understand your concern here.

Alivher and tidilan retards cause muscle relaxation so uses as uterine muscle relaxant and they prevent premature labor.

They are vasodialator so they increase blood flow to the baby and improve your baby health.

Are you suffering from any lower abdominal pain?

Is there any sign of premature delivery, or your baby weight and health is not appropriate?

Please revert back to me with my answers.

Hope to hear soon from you.

Good luck.

Dr. Richa

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN