Why is Risperdal prescribed?

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Mental Health
Question: Yes how could any one at good heart put a 9 years old child in risperdal because is speaking about "too many things" after traveling in three countries

10 years later then Invega sustena
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
provide more details about child's illness and symptoms

Detailed Answer:

Risperdal (risperiodne) is the approved drug in children more than 5 years of age for irritability due to any psychological disorder.

Invega sustena contains peliperidone and metabolite of risperidone and injection is used to improve compliance and prevent side effects.

Doctor had likely given the medicines due to some problem.

Please let me know child's symptoms and detail about illness.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.

Dr.Chintan Solanki.