Why is Laretol prescribed when diagnosed with renal issues?
For proper absorption of calcium and phosphorus in the diet
Thank you for query and welcome to HCM.
In persons with chronic kidney failure there is a deficiency of calcium and phosphorus. They will be on dialysis for long time, which removes calcium and phosphorus during dialysis.
Laretol 0.25 mcg (not mg) is a synthetic Vitamin D analog (similar function of Vit D). This medication is prescribed for hypocalcemia.
It is necessary medication for persons on dialysis.
Hope this is clear and understandable.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How safe is iron infusion for renal issues
- Diagnosed large right renal cortical cyst why frequent urination
- Why bilateral renal pelviectasis occurs
- Drug prescribing in renal failure
- Diagnosing renal insufficiency
- Prescribing in renal impairment
- Diagnosed with cardiomyapathy and renal cyst
- How is renal insufficiency diagnosed
- Prescribing in renal failure
- Nuvaring and renal issues