Why is Amlodipine tablets prescribed for a diabetic?
Amlodipine is a medicine for high blood pressure.
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Amlodipine is used for the treatment of high blood pressure. He would have been put on Amlodipine as his blood pressure would have been high. It is a relatively safe medicine and but can increase the blood level of Simvastatin. It would better not to take more than 20 mg of Simvastatin. Be on the lookout for muscle pains.
Do get back to me if you have further questions.
It would be good to discuss with the doctor.
Blood pressure in people with diabetes should be below 140 /90 to avoid complications in people with diabetes. Maybe the doctor would have found it higher. It would be best to discuss with him the indication for starting Amlodipine.
I shall be happy to answer any health questions you may have.
If you want me to monitor his blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol and give feedbacksto control them, you are welcome to subscribe to http://www.drnoblezachariah.com/home/health-monitoring
Wish you all good health and a good day.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Amlodipine 10 mg tablets
- Amlodipine and valsartan tablets
- What are amlodipine tablets
- Amlodipine 5 mg tablets
- Amlodipine tablets side effects
- Does amlodipine cause diabetes
- Blood pressure tablets amlodipine
- Amlodipine tablets sudafed
- Amlodipine tablet drug interactions
- Amlodipine besylate and diabetes
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?