Why have I been prescribed Oseltamivir instead of antibiotics for a viral infection?
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but the flu is caused by influenza virus, this is why you have been prescribed oseltamivir which is an antiviral that blocks the action of influenza A and B viruses.. Antibiotics are designed to treat bacterial infection which is not the case and antibiotics will not provide you with any benefit in treating your influenza viral infection.
I hope I answered your question..if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion.
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Headache nasal discharge viral infection need antibiotics
- Is drooling a side effect of oseltamivir?
- Eye viral infection mole
- Nerve viral infection symptoms
- Oseltamivir phosphate over the counter
- Eye infection viral prednisone
- Oseltamivir side effects
- Viral scalp infection
- Viral infection and rigors
- Antibiotics cure viral infections