Why does the doctor prescribe Citalopram instead of Ativan for depression?
Brief answer. It may cause respiratory depression and tolerance problems
Welcome to health care magic,
I have gone through your query and understand your concern towards your anxiety symptoms and usuage of Ativan
It can be prescribed for anxiety for brief period with good results.
Im not very sure if you have any respiratory complaints or you have been taking since long time that made your doctor not to prescribe as the dose is very minimal what you are taking
GABAPENTIN, which works for neural problems also has an antianxiety action, probably that would have made your doctor to stop ATIVAN
So I would advise you to discuss these issues with your doctor and decide accordingly whether to continue or not
Hope this information would help you
Feel free to ask any further questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Why stop bathing depression
- Depression anxiety comfort eating prescribed citalopram suggest
- Drugs prescribed for depression
- Have depression took citalopram correct treatment should i meet doctor
- Teen depression online doctor
- Citalopram hydrobromide depression
- Doctors note for pregnancy depression
- Prescribing adderall for depression and anxiety
- Doctor for depression at pgi
- Citalopram for depression
- What is Akineton used for in the treatment of schizophrenia?
- How long does Temazepam make you sleep?
- Suggest ways to manage sudden bouts of anger
- Suggest a herbal treatment to help insomnia
- How can constant feminine thoughts and cross dressing be managed in a...
- Is Anti-rabies vaccination is required even if no indication of bat bite...
- Suggest appropriate OTC medication for anxiety
- Is it good to resume Adderall after discontinuation for many years for...
- Can reducing Lorazepam dosage cause anxiety?
- What contraceptive pills are effective at preventing pregnancy?