Why does the back of my neck hurt?
I want to know what are the causes, and what is the prognosis.
cervical spondylosis / cervical disc prolapse
Thank you for posting the question.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.
The symptoms that you described indicate that you most probably have cervical spondylosis or an underlying disc prolapse.In either case,the spinal nerves in the neck get compressed causing radiating pain in the surrounding areas.
This can be confirmed by getting a Xray/MRI of the cervical spine done.
The prognosis is usually good in such cases and treatment in the form of physiotherapy helps. (Physiotherapy includes cervical traction,heat therapy,LASER therapy,neck exercises)
Rarely,this may need a surgery for nerve decompression.
I hope the answer was useful.
Feel free to ask me any follow up queries that you may have.
Do let me know the reports once you get the investigations done.
REFERRED PAIN / THROAT RELATED ISSUES
The swallowing/jaw,throat pain may occur either due to referred pain from cervical nerve root compression or other local throat related issues.
If throat problem is more bothering,you should consult an ENT specialist and get a throat check up done.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Neck and back hurt when coughin
- Back of neck and throat hurt
- Back and neck hurts diabetes
- Lump on back of neck doesnt hurt
- Hit on head back of neck hurts
- Legs back neck hurt and tired
- Back of neck and shoulders hurt
- Hurts back of neck to swallo
- Back if neck hurts and feeling dizzy
- Treatment if chest back and neck hurt
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the middle fingers
- Suggest treatment for severe muscular and joints pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and swelling in the leg
- Suggest treatment for left shoulder pain in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain in the legs when diagnosed with CMT
- Suggest treatment for severe shoulder pain
- What causes shortness of breath and constant back pain?
- Suggest treatment for foot stress fracture
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the right ankle
- What causes twinging pain post intake of Mobic?