Why does my vision gradually go green when I get dizzy?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Walking any distance is impossible for me. Last night I tried to walk to the ladies room at a sports arena and could only make it with help of railing and stopping frequently. (When this happens I usually have flushed face, excessive sweating, extreme fatigue.) The left jaw up to the temporal area was very painful. Once seated I grew more fatigued and almost lost consciousness (sp?). The next symptom was the one the confused me...everything turned green! The stall, the floor, my clothes. I have felt faint before but usually seeing black, grey, white, etc. Never green? Am I turning into a cabbage?!? Age 80
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend performing some tests.

Detailed Answer:

I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to heart failure or orthostatic hypotension.

The fact that everything turned green is related to low blood flow to the brain, which could be related to low blood pressure.

Coming to this point, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a careful physical exam and some tests:

- a resting ECG and a cardiac ultrasound
- NT pro BNP values
- complete blood count for anemia
- kidney and liver function tests
- blood electrolytes
- a chest X-ray study and pulmonary function tests to investigate for a lung disorder
- a head up tilt test for orthostatic hypotension.

You should discuss with your on the above tests.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards!

Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj