Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Why does my penis hurt except when I am urinating?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 662 Questions
my symptoms started 4 days ago. My penus hurts alot except when I pee. When I pee, everything seems normal and then a couple seconds later, the hurting returns. I have no visible legions (checked by 3 doctors). Last doctor stated that it could be an STD inside my uretha which is why there are no visible legions. But wouldn't an STD inside the uretha cause extreme pain when I pee. Is there an STD that doesn't hurt when you pee?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 1 hour later

Thanks for the query,

From your history, it is clear that your symptom is acute in onset. There may be 2 possibilities in your case--


Now let me tell you, what you will have to do now--

1- In case you have UTI, then the predominant symptoms will be burning maturation, fever, lethargy etc. To confirm it, you need to do a urine analysis and urine culture and sensitivity to see which antibiotic will be the best to treat the infection as sometimes the infectious agent grow resistant to the used antibiotics.

Also it is advisable to get an ultrasound scan, to see if any other problem is associated that is predisposing to the infection.
Get the sugar levels also checked, as sugar patients are known to have repeated infections.

2-Stone in urinary tract--Please get a X-ray KUB & Ultrasound of KUB it will help find out if the reason is stone.Consult a Urologist for further treatment till then drink plenty of water.

3-STD-- it is definitely associated with history of unprotected sex.

Treatment is same, for all the 3 conditions that ,first consult a urologist, he /she will prescribe a course of antibiotic, an alkalyser, a pain killer, vitamin and mineral supplements, a antispasmodic drug.

Along with investigations like GBP, KUB X XXXXXXX USG , URINE ANALYSIS,If the symptoms still persist then the doctor will plan for cystoscopy.

Hope this will help you and i am ready for future follow ups.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor