Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Why does my buttock pain when I urinate or ejaculate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 362 Questions
I have a pain in my left butt area, it hurts when i uninate or ejaculate, it feels like a knot in the muscle, or like a nerve that's being irratated. I have had a vasectomy and i have only one kidkney on the opposite side ot this pain.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 9 hours later
Hi Donllly,

Thanks for posting your query.

It is a very unique symptom.

Some times, pain form the urinary tract or the seminal vesicles can radiate to the buttocks. This can cause such discomfort.

Your symptoms is likely related to the muscle strain. Urination and Ejaculation requires the pelvic floor muscles to contract. If they are sore, it can cause pain.

You must rule out any infection inside the muscles.

An Ultrasound scan of the Pelvic floor Muscles will identify any infection/collection if any.

If not, its likely due to muscle strain which need analgesics or few days.

Hope this answers your query.

Please get back if you need any further information.

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Why does my buttock pain when I urinate or ejaculate? 8 hours later
This has been on going for many years and no one has ever came up with this answer, so what type of doctor do i go to to get releaf from this pain?
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 2 hours later
Hi Donlilly,

I understand your concern.

If its been from many years, definitely its not infection.

Also, I am afraid if there will be any cause identified.
Yet, the best investigation for you would be a MRI scan of the pelvis.

It will delineate the appropriate anatomy in minute detail and help pinpoint the lesion.

You should consult a Urologist for your problems.

Take care

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor