Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Why do i have puffy penis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10437 Questions
the area above my penis is puffy (has been for a long time)...the entire area covered by pubic hair. I am not fat and never have been. However, I can grab the skin in that area like somebody grabs their stomach. It does not hurt and is only noticeable without clothes on. But, I would like to know if there is anything I can do for it.
Posted Sun, 23 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The accumulation of fat above the penis is a normal physiological variation and does not indicate any pathology.
It can only be corrected surgically by surgical liposuction, ultrasound lipolysis or Laser treatment. You can discuss these options with your dermatologist who will choose the best procedure for you after an examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor