Why do i have itchy feet and hands?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

I am a British Expatriat and live/work in Hong Kong and have recently travelled to the US, covering XXXXXXX New York and LA on business.

I have itchy feet and now the same feeling on my hands?

Dont feel sick or anything and have some cream to rub on my hands and feet.

Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Hi ,
Thanks for writing in.
The itching over hands can be due to contact dermatitis,fungal infection or pompholyx.
Also I would like to know-
Do you have any visible lesions on hands?
Is there any vesicle or fluid filled lesion on hands?
Since when you have this?
Answer the questions and upload the photographs of your hands if there are any visible lesions over hands.
Till then you can take tablet zyrtec for itching and apply calamine lotion over hands.
Hope this helps.
Dr XXXXXXX
Dermatologist
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

Hi Dr XXXXXXX

Thanks for your prompt feedback and I can confirm the following:

I have what could be classed as very small white pinacles/spots on the palm of my hands and fingures, but they are itchy and dry.

I think this first started around one week ago when I was in XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi again,
Thanks for details.

It seems that you have got xerosis and exfoliation of skin.
It can occur due to weather change.

You can take Tab .zyrtec for itching and also apply good quality moisturizer containing
aloe gel and XXXXXXX butter.It is available over the counter.Apply it twice a day ,it will help you a lot.

Regards.
DrSudarshan