Why do babies spit up through nose?
My baby is 1 month old now and breastfeeding. Feeding really well and we burp for 15 mins after feeding. Yesterday some milk came up through Babys Nose. Is it normal doc.
Due to inadequate burping
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.
It is not unusual for a baby to have some milk come out through nose and mouth. It can occur due to inadequate burping. You should burp the baby for at least 15-20 mins after each feed. All you need to do is to hold the baby head end elevated for this duration. The extra air taken causes distention and regurgitation. Proper burping will ensure its escape and the milk will not regurgitate back from the stomach to the food pipe.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever