Why do babies have higher body temperature in the evenings?
okay thanks for the explanation
This is normal due to basal metabolic rate and blood supply don't worry
Hi... I understand your concern.
You need not be worried about head being warm. I will explain you the reason behind it, so that it will put you at is.
There are two reasons for it -
1. Blood supply is more to the scalp and hence it will be normally itself warmer than the rest of the body. Same is the case with abdomen and neck region also.
2. A 4 month old infant is in a rapidly growing phase, which implies that the baby's basal metabolic rate is higher than usual and this is the reason for the baby being warm.
I hope this helps. I will be happy to help anytime. Please get back to me if there are any further concerns.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
I wish your kid a bright future
Hi...I wish your kid a bright future. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link.
Once the page opens there will be an option below my image as – ASK ME A QUESTION – click on it.
In this way even in health care magic you can follow up always with a single doctor who knows the history of your kid completely. Please find the link below -
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Higher body temperature before period
- Is body temperature higher in the evening
- 964 body temperature baby on augmentin
- Why is my body temperature low
- My baby body temperature is 354
- Baby body temperature 40
- Why increased body temperature appetite
- Why is there body pain and weakness with temperature
- Slightly higher body temperature
- Baby body temperature in celsius