Why do babies have higher body temperature in the evenings?

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on 2 days ago in Child Health
Question: my little daughter is 4months old , we are observing her head seems warm in the evenings. please suggest what could be the reason.

okay thanks for the explanation
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is normal due to basal metabolic rate and blood supply don't worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi... I understand your concern.

You need not be worried about head being warm. I will explain you the reason behind it, so that it will put you at is.

There are two reasons for it -

1. Blood supply is more to the scalp and hence it will be normally itself warmer than the rest of the body. Same is the case with abdomen and neck region also.

2. A 4 month old infant is in a rapidly growing phase, which implies that the baby's basal metabolic rate is higher than usual and this is the reason for the baby being warm.

I hope this helps. I will be happy to help anytime. Please get back to me if there are any further concerns.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Brief Answer:
I wish your kid a bright future

Detailed Answer:
Hi...I wish your kid a bright future. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link.

Once the page opens there will be an option below my image as – ASK ME A QUESTION – click on it.

In this way even in health care magic you can follow up always with a single doctor who knows the history of your kid completely. Please find the link below -

www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696

Regards - Dr. Sumanth