Why do I have severe bloating, gas and nausea every morning upon waking up?
Possibly due to gastritis
I have gone through your query carefully. Your problem seems to be due to gastritis or gastroesophageal reflux. Our gastrointestinal tract has a forward propulsive movement (peristalsis) that moves the food material forward as it is digested, absorbed and finally expelled as feces. If somehow this movement gets hampered, food along with the digestive juices would stagnate, stomach acid will reflux into the food pipe. On the other hand, the bowel habits would not be proper. Degradation of undigested food in the intestines by the intestinal bacteria would lead to the excess gas formation or bloating. Nausea can frequently be associated.
In order to relieve yourself, you need to do the following:
* Avoid spicy food. Take small but frequent meals. Avoid long gaps between meals.
* Avoid alcohol intake (if it a part of your habit).
* Take Prilosec (Omeprazole).
* Take plenty of green leafy vegetables as well as other sources of dietary fibers. Take fiber supplements like ispaghula/psyllium husk or senna. I would insist you to increase your dietary fiber intake.
* Regular morning walk and exercise to keep the bowel movements proper.
* Take curd or yogurt on daily basis. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help.
* Stress reduction has a very important role to play. Yoga and meditation should help.
Hopefully, that should help.
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe bloating after appendectomy
- Severe bloating after eating
- Severe bloating and intestinal gas from adderall
- Severe bloating after meals
- Severe bloating after eatingdrinking
- Have severe bloating nausea diarrhea and fatigue
- Vyvanse severe bloating
- Severe bloating after hcg
- Reasons for severe bloating
- Severe bloating of the stomach