Why do I have severe abdominal cramps and black stools while on Eliquis?
Stool for occult blood test to be done.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
You are on an anticoagulant and color of stool is black. Black tarry color of stool can be due to presence of blood in stools.
I would suggest you to go initially for a test called stool for occult blood. This would confirm the presence of blood in stools.
If the test is normal then symptoms could be because of infection in intestines called gastroenteritis.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of severe abdominal cramping
- Have severe abdominal cramping in abdomen why
- Treatment and cure for severe abdominal cramping
- Diagnosis of severe abdominal cramping
- Severe abdominal cramping causes
- Abdominal cramping and yellow stool
- Lower abdominal cramps and blood in stool
- Exhaustion abdominal cramping pale stool
- Severe abdominal cramps and diarrhea
- Abdominal cramps and smelly stool