question-icon

Why do I have pain on the underside of my penis for the past two weeks?

Posted on Tue, 14 Sep 2021
Question: i started having pain on the underside of my penis right below the head a couple of weeks ago. then i started having pain in that area when urinating. now, additionally to the pain, i see hints of blood coming out after urination. not alot, but a few drops.
I did have unprotected sex with someone i just met about 6 weeks ago.
Any idea what is going on?
Answered by Dr. Dr. P. T. Patil (45 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Could be due to Narrowing of Urethra (Stricture Urethra)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query
Based on the facts that you have posted the pain in shaft of the penis while passing urine and blood in urine with history of unprotected sex with unknown woman can be due to narrowing of urethra (Stricture of Urethra) and needs to be investigated .

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Did you have difficulty in passing urine?
2) Did you ever pass pus discharge ?

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Retrograde CystoUrethrogram.(RGU)
4)Endoscopic Examination of bladder (Cystoscopy)

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

In the mean time start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water to keep urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. Dr. P. T. Patil (1 hour later)
i have not experienced any puss discharge. it is just sore to the touch near the tip and hurts when i first urinate because it tends to stick together inside before the urine flow opens the pathway.

does that help with the analysis?
Answered by Dr. Dr. P. T. Patil (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
May be due to infection of terminal part of Urethra or Meatus

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for feedback and follow up .

Pain at the tip of urethra could be due to infection of terminal part of urethra and Meatus .

Take antibiotics suggested earlier for two weeks and observe for improvement in your symptoms .

If problem persists even after taking medicines you will need to consult Urologist for investigations suggested in my earlier reply.

Thanks and Regards
Dr Patil.

Dr. Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist