Why do I have a red rash on the back of my throat and mouth?
Thanks for posting the query
I have gone through the history and examined the photo thoroughly. I am of the opinion that, it is oral mucositis. The red bumps seen on the soft palate are the inflamed minor salivary gland.
Do not worry! It appears to be a simple inflammation of the oral mucosa (unless associated with pain), secondary to allergy. Gargle the throat using dilute povidone-iodine mouthwash; this will alleviate the inflammation. Drink frequent sips of warm water. Avoid irritant foods such as hot/cold food & beverages, crisps, coffee and fizzy drinks for a few days till you get better.
Hope this answers your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Red rash on baby back
- Bumpy red rash on lower back
- Red rash on back near kidney
- Red rash covers torso and back
- Red rash back hands methamphetamine
- Red rash back and behind ears
- Postpartum red rash on lower back
- Red rash on back of upper leg
- Red rash on back of arms shoulders
- Red rash on back of torso painful