Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Why do I have a hole under my skin?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12563 Questions
It feels like I have a hole under my skin. It's located between my breast and arm pit, on the right side and 4 inches down. It's not painful or tender but it is slightly discolored. When press down it feels like it can go as far as I press. Should I be worried?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Having a hole in the skin might be the space in the fascia which you are feeling.The slight discoloration you have noticed might be due to the depth of the skin in between the fascia. This seems to me just a harmless deficit in between fascia anatomically and there is nothing to worry. It is a normal anatomical variation.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor