Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Why do I get nauseous after eating?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2227 Questions
What kind of doctor should I see. What kind of test should I ask for? Our symptoms began shortly after a long vacation last summer. August When hungry we ate, but very shortly after we hear gurgling in our intestines, burp far more than usual, often times feel nausea after eating, but not to the point of throwing up. Our bowel movements have been strange. One day no bowel movement, then somewhere between a soft pencil stool and the runs. He lived in Nevada. My work is in California September. My Boyfriends symptoms became more severe with a distended stomach. He was more active, drinks more water, wasn't sleep well October, pain would wake him, he ate less, refused to go to the doctor (November) until I had a meltdown on him over the phone. By the time he went to the hospital, was diagnosed with a blockage, T2 diabetes, he had an intestinal eruption, emergency surgery and died December 12th. His family had him cremated without a autopsy, or biopsy. He was in excellent health yet died at the age of 59.
I will never know what killed him, but wonder what if anything I should do about seeing a doctor. We thought it was a coincidence, water we drank camping, hiking along the way, under cooked fish tacos or sushi. We didn't suspect anything dangerous. My symptoms are not subsiding (not psycho-somatic) they are worse. What kind of doctor should I see. What kind of test should I ask for?
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
please follow below explanations

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
First of all condolences on the passing of your boyfriend.
I read carefully all your concerns and I can say as follows:
1. Your symptoms seems to be related with:
- microbial gut imbalance
- infectious colitis (gastrointestinal infection most probably due to contaminated food use).
- malabsorbtion
2. This is why to my opinion you need to be examined with :
- fecal culture test for bacteria, ova parasites.
- upper and lower endoscopy
- blood work
-fecal tests for malabsorbtion
3. You need to be consulted with your
- gastroenterologist to do above exams and infectious specialist

Hope it was helpful to you.
DR.Klerida shehu
If you have other concerns i would be glad to assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor