Why do I get dizziness all of a sudden followed by stomach ache, diarrhea and a severe sinus headache?

Dr. Yogesh D

Posted on Thu, 22 Nov 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: About once a week, I feel fine and then out of no where I get briefly dizzy, have a stomache ache and then diarrhea followed with a severe sinus headache. It normally lasts about 2 days of being dizzy.

Wow, it's been an hour. I don't think this is an instant answer.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some confusing symptoms, please do clarify the headache part.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms mostly seem related to the stomach upset.

If you have some gastric irritation, it can make you dizzy and pain in the stomach, and headaches, however not sinus headaches, sinus headaches are a very specific type of headaches that are caused by an infection in the sinuses around the nose.

You maybe confusing the generalised severe headaches following gastric irritation as sinus headaches. Please clarify the nature of these headaches.

Another thing to consider is an ear related problem.

Being dizzy and headaches can also occur with ear infections.

It is a difficult situation to evaluate online, so I suggest you to kindly visit your PCP and get yourself examined properly to understand the reasons for your symptoms.

Meanwhile, you can take Prilosec (Pantoprazole), or Omeprazole.

Eat small but frequent meals.

Drink plenty of water.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Dr. Yogesh D, General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D