Why do I feel pins and needles sensation and fatigue with itchy skin after drinking?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Fatigue the day after drinking also pins and needles on hands And itching skin
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 35 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX,
Fatigue as well as dryness and itching of skin can be explained to a thyroid problem.
Pins and needles sensation suggests neuropathy ( that means your nerves are getting affected).

I would like to know,have you been diagnosed as having thyroid problem and are you taking any medication ?

I suggest you to get your thyroid levels (T3, T4 and TSH) done once.

Take Vitamin B complex capsules to strengthen your nerves.

Apply moisturisers twice daily to prevent itching.

Once I have these answers, I would be able to guide you better
Wishing you good health
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli