Why do I feel light headed and shaky after bending?

Dr. Mohammed Kappan

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: While bending over a sudden light headed feeling followed by shakes lasted
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 2 hours later

I would need a little more information from you to help you better.

1.     Do you have any history of Seizures?
2.     Were you unconscious during the shakes?
3.     How long did the shakes last?
4.     Are you having fever?
5.     Do you have any other pre-existing medical conditions that I could be missing?
6.     Where was the shaking, just in a part of body or the whole body?
7.     Are you on any medications?

Light-headedness and shaking can occur in various conditions. After a detailed history, we would need an exam and some tests to know what’s going on. Causes could include hypoglycaemia (low blood glucose levels), hypotension(low BP), anemia, drugs, alcohol, neurological disorders etc.

Please see a physician if this occurs again. The serious causes of such symptoms would definitely need to be excluded.

Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli