Why do I feel itchy inside cheeks after taking MDMA?

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Drug Abuse
Question: Hi, I'm just wondering why inside my cheecks would feel so itchy after taking mdma
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

MDMA is a drug which has a variety of effects on the nervous system. Strange sensations over the cheek and jaw have been reported as after-effects of using MDMA. Tingling or itching or flushing sensations associated with grinding of teeth, jaw clenching, etc. are indeed common after-effects associated with the use of this drug. These symptoms are usually transient and should subside within a couple of days.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist