Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Why do I experience shivers below left chest. What can it be if I have normal BP and diabetes?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1853 Questions
Hi Dr. I am aged 28 and professionally am CA. I am facing shivering below my left chest. Am facing the same problem from last 6 months. I do not have BP as well as Diabetis. Please Please help me....
Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

I would like to consider multiple possibilities in following hierarchy:
•     Cardiac illness: Get cardiologist opinion. ECG and 2 D echo may be needed.
•     Anxiety disorder: If your complaint is associated with excessive stress/worry, sleep/appetite disturbance, restlessness, excessive sweating or tremors. need to be rule out by detailed interview by psychiatrist. Start morning walk for some relief.
•     Vitamin deficiency: Get serum B12 level and complete blood count done. Start multi vitamins as they are easily available.
•     Side effect of substance use: So stop it if present
•     Thyroid related problem: get thyroid hormonal assay done

Final message to you: Do not worry about symptoms, follow above advice, stop substance use if any and take multi vitamins.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor