Why did a portion of my canine teeth broke while having meal?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018 in Dental Health
Question: hi, I broke a small portion of my tiger teeth while having my lunch. now i can feel the void also it's paining a little. that tooth was not previously having any cavity. why did it happen? is there anyway to increase the strength? what to do for the momentary pain? please give me your advice.

thank you
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take painkillers, get an x-ray done.

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

If the tooth is broken and also if there is a pain then it should be checked for nerve exposure.

For this first of all an X-ray should be done..

The reason for it to break can be biting on something very hard or sudden irregular force.

For pain relief, just take a painkiller like Paracetamol/Ibuprofen if not allergic...

To increase the strength of tooth/ teeth first of all the reason should be ruled out through a clinical examination.

However, capping can help if teeth are fragile or weak but still depends on the exact cause..

So, first of all, get it checked clinically by a dentist.

Hope I have answered your query.
Take care,
Dr. Honey Arora

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee