Why are my toes cold all the time?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 19 Jul 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi, I know this sounds weird to be asking but I’m having trouble with my toes being extremely cold. They warm up at night in bed but when I get up on the am they get cold again. It’s a cold as if are in ice water. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be vascular insufficiency.

Detailed Answer:
Feeling of cold toes can be suggestive of a vascular insufficiency in the legs or a neurological deficit due to chronic problems like Diabetes or due to functional disorder of the nerves or vitamin B 12 deficiencies.

You need a careful assessment by your physician along with investigations like color Doppler study for legs blood vessels for proper diagnosis and further treatment.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal