Why are my ears so sensitive to loud noise?
For a few years now I have had left ear pain when I am around loud noises, kind of sound a like 'speaker has blown'. I have lessened my time around noises that I considered loud and it has helped for the most part. I had a head cold for about 3 week last month, off and on it would feel like I had an ear infection. When my cold was about over my ear started to really hurt like I had an infection. I went to a walk in clinic and when she looked in my ear she said that I had scaring on my ear drum like I had tubes when I was child (which I did not have) she told me that my ear drums looked white but since the ear that wasn't bother me looked the same she didn't think it was an infection and everything else appeared normal. she told me to do Flonase twice a day to help. that was a week and a half ago, my cold is a 100% gone but my ear feels like it is full of pressure/full, it isn't a sharp pain. I have a consent feeling of hearing what I can only describe as 'heart beat of a child in womb'
Needs a step by step evaluation
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.
Our ears have three parts viz. external, middle and inner. The eardrum marks the separation between the external and middle. The problem could be in the eardrum or in the middle ear. The middle ear cavity is connected to the inner throat. So, problems there could also be contributory. It needs a clinical evaluation and possibly a few tests like audiometry for confirmation. You need to visit an ENT Specialist for the same. Treatment would be supportive and based on the underlying cause.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation