Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Why am I unable to have erection with pus around my penis?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9619 Questions
Hi, For a past 3 days i have pain near my private part . i have consulted a sex specialist and he has said tat there is a pus formation around the penis. i feel abnormality due 2 dis. i XXXXXXX have erections due 2 dis prob.. specialist has given me some tabs and asked 2 drink water often and not 2 eat chicken fa next 20days..wil dis prob be solved or is dis anythin serious i need 2 look out for..
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Mostly it is due to infection of the urethra. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query, I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Did you have unprotected sex before you developed these symptoms? 2) Do you have pain in penis ,or testicles? 3) Do you have other urinary symptoms like burning urination ,increased frequency etc ? 4) Can you name the medications prescribed by your Dr.? Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and get following basic tests done to find out the cause of your problem . 1) Routine urine test and urine culture 2) Swab test of a pus and culture and sensitivity test of the find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor