Why am I suffering with a burning sensation usually after peeing?
I am a man, 39 years old, for the past 2 months I suffer with a burning sensation usually after peeing. Sometimes it burns me while peeing, sometimes just after.
The burning sensation sometimes occurs at the underside of my penis near the top even when I sit (without urinating).
I am married for 4 years and I and my wife did not have any different partners since we met, so it cannot be a Sexual disease.
The last 2 weeks I noticed a sharp pain at the underside of my penis (like a needle pain), I suspect the pain is in my urethra.
Sometimes, this area where I feel the sharp needle pain hurts when I touch it and bothers me when I walk or bend my knees (sometimes not always)
These are the actions I have taken so far:
I visited my family doctor, in the beginning they suspected I suffered from Chlamydia and they prescribed me antibiotics which I took them for a week, no relief!
Then, I went back, because the head of my penis was a bit red, they suspected a yeast infection, I was prescribed some pills which I had to take for 1 week (my wife took them too) and miconazole cream which I used it for 2 weeks.
I do not have this redness anymore, but this did not solve my problem.
Then, I went back and I gave blood and urine, they tested for an urine infection, results came back negative, and the PSA test showed no problem with my prostate.
They gave me a referral letter to go to see an urologist; I did an ultra sound scan of my testicles, an ultra sound scan of my belly and an ultra sound scan of my kidneys.
Finally, they performed a test in the hospital to measure the speed of my pee; it was a bit lower than normal they said.
They were not able to find anything wrong with me and so they closed the case and sent me home.
Since then, I am trying on my own to find things that give me relief, one thing that works is that I boil water and I prepare a Chamomile tea, when is not that hot anymore but still warm, I place my pennis inside the cup with the warm Chamomile for about 10 minutes, then I massage it slowly and then take a warm shower, this gives me relief, I always feel better after that.
I am really tired of this situation and I hope I can get some advice in order to solve my problem.
Is it possible to have a tiny stone stuck inside my urethra that the ultra sound did not show?
Can it be an injury (for 2 months?)
Can it be a dermatological issue, shall I see a dermatologist?
Can you please advise?
To my mind, it can be a tiny stone yes that is blocking the pathway so to speak. Try consuming healthy ammounts of beer (alcoholic or not depending on your preference) & a lot of water 2-3 litres to help 'flush' out any small stone or residual infection. Add on a urinary alkaliniser eg citralka 2-3 times daily. This should provide relief in 3-5 days.
It is also possible one of the urethral glands (that hang along the sides of the penile urethra) have got inflamed & is the source of the problem. Do visit a surgeon in a few days if no respite with general measures & he may be better placed to examine & help you.
An injury? unlikely over a two month period; a small stricture due to past injury, possible.
Most of all ...relax, take a holiday. Perhaps a holiday cum medical check may be the order of the day. We conduct these packages regularly in India & would be happy to put you onto personnel to facilitate that. Stress plays a major role in such situations- once all known & possible tests have been done to rule out an anatomical problem.
Hope this was useful & helps you make an informed desciscion & you are soon on the road to a full recovery ! Cheers & Good luckl!!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Venereologist
XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India
Do you really believe that stress might be the cause of my symptoms? Have similar cases been reported? I suffer sometimes, with pressure in the neck, lightheaded feeling, which I believe it comes from anxiety, but burning sensation in the genital area I never experienced before!
Thank you for your feedback, I will contact you again after 1 week time, to let you know how I am doing.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Why does it burn for me after peeing
- Burning sensation in side after peeing
- Reasons why pee hole burns after urine
- Pee burning sensation in the morning
- Why is my vagina burning after peeing
- Why would my pee smell and burn after
- Light pink bleeding and peeing sensation after peeing
- Why after pee hurt ovaries feel burn
- Burning pee after abortion
- 35 weeks pregnant burning sensation after peeing
- Getting tingling sensation and irregular rashes on skin. Have suffered...
- 2 year child having rashes all over body. What is causing this and the...
- Have had dark spots on upper arm. Having allergic reaction and sensitive...
- Biopsy done for moles. Mole has regrown through the scar tissue. What...
- Having itchy white spot on upper lip and it is spreading. What are they...
- Have a tiny dot on chest. Smelly stuff comes out after squeezing. What...
- Get aroused but do not reach climax. Is it because of old age?
- Having area of purplish and red veins in back of throat and sides of...
- Having itchy red patches in the groin area and legs with hair loss. Are...
- Noticed dark circular bump near urethra. Having burning sensation after...