Why am I having twitching in index finger and soreness in forearm muscle?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: i have twitching in my right index finger. no where else and its a little stiff and some pain around the knuckle and soreness in my forearm muscle
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The pain and soreness of the knuckle s likely to be due to a mild inflammation around the joint. This inflammation can effect the nerve fibres causing the twitching.
You can start with a mild pain killer like acetaminophen and do a hot fomentation of the area. As soon as the inflammation subsides, the twitching is also likely to subside.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.