Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Why am I having severe pain in upper thigh after jumping from a truck?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
Doctor My husband fell from his work truck two days ago. It was moving at a slow speed and he seemed fine at first, but today he has fairly severe pain in the upper part of his thigh. The pain radiates from the very top of his leg and around to his backside. I'm concerned because there is no bruise but the muscle under the skin is VERY hard, I'm worried he may have a torn muscle or ligament. Should this be looked at by a doctor? Thank you for your advise, XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Traumatic injuries can be soft tissue Detailed Answer: Hi, Traumatic injuries can be - either soft tissue or vascular injuries. The bleeding that occurs result in hematoma collection and may lead to hard feeling of muscles. Over a period of time, as hematoma resolves it cause local skin symptoms around the hematoma. We can wait until you see a doctor. After clinical examination we can decide for further investigation like Ultrasonography of thigh or x ray of thigh. In the interim, you can use vitamin supplements and icing the injury. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Why am I having severe pain in upper thigh after jumping from a truck? 10 minutes later
Dr. XXXXXXX Gandi, Thanks for your quick reply...Just to confirm, you are advising he sees a doctor correct? In addition which vitamin supplements are you referring too. Thank you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes for clinical examination -see a doctor Detailed Answer: Hello Yes for clinical examination -see a doctor. Vitamin supplement of Bcomplex and vit C will help for early recovery. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor