Why am I having severe bloating while suffering from flu?
Thoughts on this
Hello and welcome,
Are you also having pain with the bloating, and if so, where is the pain in your abdomen?
When does the bloating occur or is it all the time?
And has the stomach "flu" completely resolved, and if so, when?
Has the weakness resolved and are you back to your previous diet?
Viral gastroenteritis (stomach flu) usually resolves without complications, but yours lasted for a considerable length of time, and possibly your digestive tract has some residual irritation.
It's possible that your vomiting was from something other than stomach flu, such as from a peptic ulcer or food intolerance, but if others you know in your area have been having stomach flu, and you are otherwise back to normal now, that is what is most likely.
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe bloating after appendectomy
- Severe bloating after eating
- Severe bloating after meals
- Severe bloating after eatingdrinking
- Vyvanse severe bloating
- Severe bloating after hcg
- Severe bloating in early pregnancy
- Severe bloating after endoscopy
- Reasons for severe bloating
- Severe bloating of the stomach