Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Why am I having pain in penis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
From yesterday onwards i am having a small pain in my penis. it occurs only when i move in a particular position when i sit without wearing any under garments i dont feel the pain only when it rubs against the clothes which i wear then only i have pain that too not always. the pain is only in one particular spot in the penis.i dont have problem urinating and dont feel pain either. Why is it so can u advice a medicine
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 30 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX
Pain the way you describe could be due to inflammation or infection of the head of the penis or the foreskin.
It is a reassurance that urine is normal.
Kindly get examined by a surgeon / urologist to do the needful.
Depending on what he finds, advice will be given, most probably in the form of topical antibiotics/ oral antibiotics.
Till you XXXXXXX the doctor
1. Pls clean the organ during bath daily.
2. Retract the foreskin and clean the underlying head of the penis.
3. Use cotton under garments.
Hope this helps, kindly get back for doubts if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Why am I having pain in penis? 2 hours later
Actually the pain is in the tip of the penis. I dont find any inflammation or discoloration of the penis either.Will it help if i find a physician first.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome back.
In that case, you may wait for a week or so for spontaneous resolution, if you can manage.
Till that time and always, kindly retract the foreskin and clean during bath with the same soap and water.

Wishing you best health,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Why am I having pain in penis? 26 hours later

Am I having a urinary infection I tested my urine the results are pus cells 3-6 epithelial cells 0-2 Cast nil crystals nil colour yellow clear reaction acidic sugar nil. Should i take medicine
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 10 hours later

Welcome back.
Since urine shows pus cells, kindly get urine culture and sensitivity test done to check if---
1. Infection is confirmed.
2. Find the name of the bacteria and the intensity of infection.
3. Medicines that would work against it.

Hope this helps,

Get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor