Why am I having pain in left side?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: yes for the past 7 months I've had this pain in my left side. I had gotten sick 7mo ago and coughed so hard I pulled a muscle in my left side. When I roll over at night and drive I feel it pop regularly if you hold your hand too it you can feel it pop. I don't know what to do. I really don't think that it is a pulled muscle.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 15 minutes later
If you can feel the pop of the muscle even 7 months after the incident then it is not likely to be due to a torn muscle or a muscle pull.
The area needs to examined directly to find out the cause. Investigations like MRI may be required to identify the type and extent of the injury you have suffered. To reduce the discomfort, avoid lying on that side and do a hot fomentation in the area at least thrice daily.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.