Why am I having interrupted breathing?

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra

Pulmonologist

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I feel my breath interrupted and i start I open my mouth to be uttered a lot of times
I Worked the radio to my chest and Dr. told me I do not have any disease and also do not have a narrow
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 6 hours later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX
After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be having interrupted breathing at times which sometin\mes lead to mouth breathing.

2. Your chest xray is normal.

3. I would like to know a few details:
a. Do you smoke?
b. Are you suffering from cold or blocked nose?
c. Since how long have you been suffering from these symptoms?
d. Do you have associated cough , fever? Any wheezing episodes?
e. Do you have any allergy history?
f. Any other medical problems/ disease?
g. Do you snore?
h. Did you have any recent dust exposure?
i. Any significant family history?
j. Have you undergone pulmonary function test?

Please do let me know these details so as to enable me to answer accordingly.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB

Follow up: Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 4 days later
1 - no i dont smoke
2- No, i don't suffering from cold or blocked nose
3- I suffer from the disease two months ago
4- I had no fever or cough or wheezing episodes
5- I Infected with the disease 10 times a week
6- I don't have Allergic disease when i smell Something
7- I don't have any medical problems or disease
8- i don't snore
9- Yes, My doctor told me that I have no problem narrow disease or Lung Disease
10- I've noticed when I stay away from sports comes to me this disease
And thanks Dr.
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later
Thanks for the follow up info.
After going through the follow up info, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be having interrupted breathing discomfort.
2. I am assuming that you are not obese.
3. Investigations that may be required are pulmonary function test (spirometry with reversibility) and tread meal test and / or 2d echo to rule out major cardiac or pulmonary component of breathlessness.
4. Also an ENT check up of nose and throat is required. Especially to rule out deviated nasal septum.
5. Thus I suggest you visit a Pulmonologist and get yourself clinically evaluated as mentioned above.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB