question-icon

Why am I having intermittent burning sensation in the left buttock?

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018
Question: I have a burning sensation in my left buttock wher it meets top of leg. It comes and goes. Feels like inside buttock is on fire then subsides in a few seconds. Comes and goes but getting more frequent. Started last evening and now today. Started after a Jazzercise session but is not sore to touch.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Due to nerve irritation.

Detailed Answer:

The burning sensation in the left buttock that you have is likely to be related to a nerve issue. This can be due to a mild nerve root irritation at the level of lumbar spine or due to a mild compression. Back strengthening exercises and increasing the fluid intake can help. You can also start with Methylcobalamin supplements for these nerve related symptoms.

In case the burning is persistent then do consult an orthopedician for a proper examination and MRI scan and get medicines like Pregabalin prescribed for relief.

I hope this answers your query.

Dr. Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon