Why am I having intermittent burning sensation in the left buttock?
Due to nerve irritation.
Thanks for posting your query.
The burning sensation in the left buttock that you have is likely to be related to a nerve issue. This can be due to a mild nerve root irritation at the level of lumbar spine or due to a mild compression. Back strengthening exercises and increasing the fluid intake can help. You can also start with Methylcobalamin supplements for these nerve related symptoms.
In case the burning is persistent then do consult an orthopedician for a proper examination and MRI scan and get medicines like Pregabalin prescribed for relief.
I hope this answers your query.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Burning sensation inbetween buttocks
- What causes tightness at the elbows with burning sensation buttocks
- Burning sensation in the scrotum perenium and my buttocks
- Loose stool burning sensation on buttocks
- Burning sensation around anus buttocks scrotum
- Burning sensation in perineum and buttock groove
- Burning sensation in scrotum and buttock
- What causes burning sensation in buttock crack
- Why do i have itching sensation on the buttocks
- Pregnant rash on left side of buttocks burning sensation treatment