Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Why am I having constant stomach pain with irregular periods?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2219 Questions
I have been having stomache pain for months now. sharp and dull pain. I have pain also near my right side and ovary also in the middle of stomach area above belly button. it hurts worse when I eat. although it is a constant pain that doesn't go away. I haven't had my period in 5 months and I am not pregnant.
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Causes to sharp&dull stomach pain explained... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concerns with XXXXXXX You are saying to have missed periods for about 5 months now, but you confirm not to be pregnant. It is normal to get irregular periods at your age; and this is called pre-menstrual syndrome. Usually, the fluctuation of the feminine hormonal levels is also causing the dull stomach pain you are experiencing. Next, I'd advise to do an abdominal/transvaginal ultrasound to exclude/determine ovary problems (including cysts or other problems) in order to get properly treated. Furthermore, you are reporting that the pain is worsening/hurting when you eats. Thus, other GI problems should be also ruled out: - gallbladder and pancreas (abdominal ultrasound) - gastritis or other stomach problems (upper endoscopy) - urine analysis and vaginal swab testing to rule out uro-genital infections Bowels problems should be another cause, especially if you are having changes in your bowel movements recently. I'd advise to: - eat often and small portions, chew up slowly - drink more water - avoid chillies, spicy, carbonated drinks/foods - do not lay down immediately after eating - discuss with your doctor to start taking omeprazole, buscopan for the pain, All the best! Dr.Klerida
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor