Why am I having breathing difficulty while eating?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: For over the last few weeks I have had a hard time breathing when I'm eating, it doesn't matter what I eat this happens all the time, or what position I'm in, sitting, standing, lying down....
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Thanks for the query 
There can be three important reasons for your problem
1... Obesity may cause difficulty breathing while eating.
2.. A lung disorder like asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease like emphysema may result in breathing problem.
3... Stress and anxiety can also lead to this problem

Your description of symptoms that you get this problem in all postures suggest that probably stress and anxiety may be the cause.

I would advise you to consult your doctor and get examined.
Whatever the cause is,you shall be alright with simple measures and some medication.

I hope tuis helps.
Please revert to me if there s any other concern.
Best of luck
Thanks