Why am I getting severe pain in testicle?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Testicle Problems
Question: My left testical is giving me a lot pain. years ago when i was 17 i had a lot of pain in it that time the dr
told me i had vanes but didnt do anymore about it. It has always been a bit painful . Now iam 66 and it seems to be getting more painful. I wound shoulld something be done about it .thank you so much i hope you understand what it is . look forward to reply thank again it doesent look or feel like the other. It feels like krushed with one part in the middle very sore if touched. Sometimes its fine but then it seemes to come down and pains more. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 20 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

I assume that what you have been suffering from are testicles varicocele. This condition is caused by veins valves destruction what leads to increased blood pressure in the veins and its enlargement. However your symptoms may also be caused by inguinal hernia or ultrasound performed and urine analysis.
The only treatment of the varicocele is surgery witch can permanently solve the problem.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 minutes later
thank you very much.
regards an happy christmas have a pint on me

XXXXXXX.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 minutes later
Hello!

Happy Christmas to you too. And good health as well.